One of the new victims asked to remain anonymous amidst growing accusations against one of Hip-Hop’s most iconic pioneers.
“I know what Ronald Savage is saying is true because he did it to me,” a 50-year-old New York victim said. “I have never spoken to anybody about this and when I did, I said ‘Holy s—, they finally caught up to him.’”
The NY Daily News report comes following weeks of speculation that Ronald Savage was assaulted by Bambaataa after he gave an emotional testimony to former Hot 97 and Power 105 DJ, Star.
Savage claimed Bambaataa forced him to commit sexually lewd acts five times in 1980 causing deep emotion pain.
Just last week (April 14) Bambaataa struck back against the victim’s claims of sexual assault speaking for himself.
“I, Afrika Bambaataa, want to take this opportunity at the advice of my legal counsel to personally deny any and all allegations of any type of sexual molestation of anyone,” Bambaataa said in a statement to Rolling Stone. “These allegations are baseless and are a cowardly attempt to tarnish my reputation and legacy in hip-hop at this time. This negligent attack on my character will not stop me from continuing my battle and standing up against the violence in our communities, the violence in the nation and the violence worldwide.”
Much of the concern surrounding this case is in regards to the current 5 year statute of limitations for the sexual assault of a minor.
Bambaataa and Zulu Nation have alleged that this whole set of circumstances is part of a government conspiracy to take down The Universal Zulu Nation.